One of our business colleagues came to visit the team in their brand-new company car – the Jaguar XE DIESEL SALOON 2.0d  R-Sport 4dr Auto.
Jaguar have really come to forefront of the British automotive market over the last 5 years, having spent considerable time flailing as a more insignificant brand.
The effort has been to move the product away from its perception as “old-fashioned” and unreliable without any true residual value.
Since the collaboration with Land Rover, the array of product being released to the market is very solid. Only this week, the big story to come out of Jaguar is the new E-Pace, a compact SUV which is self-titled – “a unique combination of looks, agility and dynamic driving”. The new E-Pace is going to sit against cars like the Evoque or similar cross-over vehicles such as the Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon and Nissan Qashqai.
The E-Pace will be available in the following specifications:
· Base model – 17” alloys, 10” screen, heated door mirrors, rear camera and parking aid;
· S – will add the 18” alloys, LED headlights, auto dimming mirror, touch pro, 360 parking aid;
· SE – this will add 14-way memory seats, Meridian sound system and the sound pack; and
· HSE – the top spec will add a 12.3” screen, 20” alloys, 18-way memory seats, keyless entry and powered tailgate.
We are hoping to get some fantastic deals on the E-Pace asap, so do check our leasing options deals page!
In terms of the car shown, the Jag XE R Sport, the car is based on the following configuration:
· Metallic – Santorini black
· Perforated grained leather – Ebony/Light Oyster
· 19″ 15 spoke alloy wheels with gloss black diamond finish – Style 1015
As standard the car includes heated front seats, touch navigation, Bi-xenon lights, 8” touch screen, front/rear carpet mats, 8-way manual seats, electric adjustable mirrors, 6 speaker sound system, rain sensing wipers, all surface control, hill start assist, voice control, lane departure system, traffic sign recognition, Bluetooth, InControl protect, smart key system, autonomous braking and sport seats.
In our opinion, add the black pack, privacy glass and the alloy wheel upgrade for the perfect executive compact car!
On the technical-side, company car drivers can note the P11d at £35,720.00 and CO2 at 111g/km. The 1999CC 8 speed auto engine delivers 180ps, combined MPG at 67.3 and 0-62 times of 7.4 seconds. Service intervals are long-life, so every 24 months or 21,000 miles whichever comes first. For short-term/low mileage leasing customers, consider the driver-maintained vs funder-maintained contracts.
Let us know your thoughts!