In just over 18 months the list of available products has increased massively and so far 2019 has seen some of the most amazing electric cars to lease.
While not all readily available (some are on some considerable lead times – 2020 onwards), our top 5 electric cars which company car drivers must consider are:
1. Tesla Model 3 – without a doubt the most disruptive vehicle to hit the market since the Model T Ford. This really doesn’t have a competitor just yet;
2. Jaguar I-Pace – the leading “luxury” electric car option which doesn’t complete break the bank. This is hotly contested by the new Audi E-Tron and Mercedes EQC;
3. Hyundai Ioniq Electric- with a new model announced for late 2019/early 2020, the affordable electric car market just got a little more exciting. The Ioniq with its hybrid and PHEV alternatives has truly pushed Hyundai into most fleet conversations. Following Ford and VW’s electric-merger, expect a Passat/Mondeo equivalent to offer more selection;
4. Renault Zoe – one of the “original” electric cars in the UK and one of the best-selling. This will be at the crux of the affordable electric car leasing searches. Renault have considered this and have already started making the necessary changes to make the car far more attractive. The new model offers the funky styling (and value) which you get from the Clio. Vauxhall and Peugeot are pushing back with their electric Corsa and 208 models;
5. Kia e-Niro – the SUV reigns supreme in the UK. Electric + SUV = success. It is no surprise the Kia Niro-e sold out completely and is not available until next year. Practical, affordable and desirable, Kia have produced a hugely successful car in the Niro. However, the Kona and Peugeot 2008 electric are going to provide some stiff competition.
Find more electric and PHEV lease car deals online @CarLease UK – or – check out some other PHEV and electric car lease options below…