A big thanks to our personal contract hire and leasing customer, based in Manchester, for allowing us to photograph their new luxury saloon car – the Mercedes-Benz C Class Diesel Saloon C220d AMG Line 4dr 9G-Tronic.
Our customer was very fortunate to get the exact car they wanted, as this formed part of a limited stock deal which lasted only a matter of days due to the exceptional value. We are thoroughly pleased to announce a new leasing offer on exactly the same car which we hope will last over the next 2 weeks or so (likely to expire 19 June 2017). For more info, check out our specific deals page (click here).
When you are looking at leasing deals you do need to distinguish between stock deals (generally available 2 – 4 weeks after order), allocation deals (a deal where you are allocated a fixed build slot 8-12 weeks) and factory order deals (bespoke orders for your specification available between 8 – 40 weeks from order model dependant).
In terms of the Mercedes C-Class, which according to Merc has “eye catching design”, customers have a good choice of vehicles within the range including:
· SE – the basic/entry model is described as dynamic and stylish and while it is not the finest car within the class, you still benefit from a reversing camera, Dynamic select, artico leather, 16” alloys and pre-wiring for the navigation system;
· SE Executive Edition – more adept for the company car user, you can enjoy 17” alloy wheels, MAP pilot system and active parking assist with this upgrade;
· Sport – more “performance” in looks, this will offer the driver 17” alloys, LED lights, heated front seats, MAP pilot sat nav and the active park assist.;
· AMG – discussed below
· AMG 43 and 63 – this is for the petrolheads!
· Premium – by adding this additional factory extra to your c-class, you can benefit from Ambient lighting, Keyless-go, memory package and the panoramic sunroof; and
· Premium Plus – so why would you add the “Plus”? Well you get the amazing Burmester surround sound system and the COMMAND online navigation. The latter is a useful 8.4” HD display Screen
· Selenite Grey – Metallic Paint
· Artico Leather – Black
· Black Ash Wood Trim
· 18″ 5 Spoke AMG Alloy Wheels in Titanium Grey
The AMG line is everyone’s aspiration specification. Apart from the Premium/Premium Plus features mentioned above, you can enjoy tinted glass, rain sensing wipers, Hill start assist, AMG floormats, attention assist, active park assist, collision assist, Garmin Map Pilot, DAB radio, AMG body styling, body coloured features, twin exhaust pipes, LED lights, climate control, mirror pack, lighting pack, sport seats, heated front seats and 18” alloy wheels.
On the technical side, the 2143CC 9 Speed auto engine delivers 170ps which gets you to 62mph in 7.5 seconds and has a combined MPG of 61.4. For the company car driver, note the P11d at £36,635.00 and the CO2 at 117g/km . On the service and maintenance side, the service intervals are set at every 12 months or every 15,500 miles. If you are looking at a 3 or 4 year deal, there is good sense in considering a funder-maintained arrangement, to ensure you provide for all servicing, tyres and maintenances.
Understandably a short-term 2 year deal might be better as a driver-maintained deal.
The C-Class is definitely a great consideration in the mid-size saloon luxury segment. The 220d is particularly good for higher mileage users, as it offers a healthy mixture of power with fuel economy. If you are looking for a lower-mileage commitment, particularly sub 8,000 miles, then a petrol alternative is available. Mercedes produce a 200 petrol and a 350e option. With political movement against the diesel, especially taking into account DPF issues, petrol options are being requested more and more.