Our local Manchester personal leasing customer arrived at the CarLease UK premises to collect their new vehicle, the Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI SE Navigation 5dr Hatchback Manual (browse deals) this week! The car was based on the following configuration:
· Tornado Red Special solid Paint
· Zoom/micro cloth – Titan Black
· 16″ Linas alloy wheel
The new model year 18 vehicle has seen some internal and external improvements on the predecessor. The class range now includes:
· The S – the base model in the range offers an 8” screen, LED lights, Bluetooth, DAB;
· The SE/SE Nav – to be discussed below;
· The GT – sporty but luxurious, this offers 17” Dijon alloy wheels, front/rear parking sensors, Discover Navigation, ambient lighting, fog lights and sports seats;
· The R Line – with extra sporty features, this car offers front/rear bumpers, coloured grilles, 17” Singapore wheels, R Line sport seats, stainless steel pedals, multifunction steering wheel and Discover navigation;
· The GTD – the powerful compact diesel car offers sports suspension, GTD styling, LED lights, winter pack and a 184ps diesel engine;
· The GTI – the legendary sports car offers Jacara cloth seats, discover navigation, GTI styling pack, active info display and sports suspension; and
· The ”R” – a 310ps high performance Golf with 18” Cadiz alloys, winter pack, R Styling, R suspension, leather steering wheel and eye watering acceleration!
While the SE Nav is very much a mid-entry model, the internal and external features are impressive. As standard you benefit from zoom/mirco cloth upholstery, driver lumbar support, comfort seats, air conditioning, 16” alloy wheels, Discover navigation, rain sensing wipers, Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control, driver alert and profile system, front and rear parking sensors, electrically adjustable doors mirrors, cooled glovebox, multifunction steering wheel, mirror pack, pre-crash system and alarm with interior protection. If you want something a little bit extra, go for the GT or R Line.
Alternatively, you can add some factory specification such as heat insulated glass, parking pack and winter pack.
On the technical-side, note the P11d of £22,440.00 and CO2 at 106 g/km for the company car user. In terms of performance the 1598CC 5 speed diesel engine offers 115ps, 0-62 times of 10.2 seconds and combined MPG of 68.9. On the servicing-side, this is every 10,000 miles or 24 months, whichever lands sooner.
If you are looking at the ultra-efficient diesel golf, you do need to consider whether or not this is appropriate for your driving style. If you are covering low-mileage and have start/stop driving behaviour, you need to be careful about utilising a diesel vehicle. Due to the nature of a diesel, in that DFP helps filter the harmful emissions, the vehicle must cover longer-distances at speed in order for this to operate properly.
If you do not generate enough heat, the DPF becomes blocked and the car will not work.
This is then cleaned and at your cost. For high-mileage drivers, particularly those covering 15,000-40,000 miles per annum, an efficient diesel engine is still a good consideration.
Click Here for the best car leasing deals on the all new VW Golf available now @CarLease UK