Thank you to our local business leasing customer, from Bolton (Greater Manchester), for coming to visit the CarLease UK team in their new car – the Volkswagen Golf Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDI 184 GTD 5dr DSG.
Our self-employed customer, is a typical leasing customer, in that they operate a vehicle through their business for meeting clients and suppliers and are covering high-mileages.
Contract hire presents a tax efficient way for a business to operate a vehicle, in that the initial rental and subsequent monthly rentals can be offset against any tax liability.
In this case, as the customer was self-employed rather than a limited company, there is no exposure to company car tax / benefit in kind. While some self-employed consultants may be unable to lease due to credit restrictions, for those with strong credit (and supporting accounting information) this route does offer a practical solution in that:
· You utilise a new vehicle – all new vehicles are covered by a warranty which last for at least 3 years (4, 5 and 7 in some bespoke cases);
· You can include a funder-maintained package – this will incorporate the cost of all servicing, tyres, maintenances and, in some cases, breakdown recovery;
· You can change your vehicle every 2 -3 years – as contract hire is a fixed term agreement, you cannot upgrade or change the vehicle during the course of the contract. However, with contract lengths of 2 years, you can benefit from less long-term commitments; and
· No disposal worries – at the end of the contact, you will liaise with the CarLease UK team to organise collection of your vehicle and, hopefully, delivery of your new vehicle.
Leasing is clearly not for everybody; it will very much depend on your personal, or business, circumstances as to whether or not this financial product is suitable for your needs and requirements. However, for self-employed consultants, there are a good mixture of practical, and financial, benefits which are well worth considering when searching for a new vehicles.
In terms of the car shown, the GTD Auto, this is based on the following configuration:
· Isaac Blue Metallic Paint
· Jacara cloth – Blue
· 18″ Seville alloy wheel
As standard the car includes some great specification – rain sensing wipers, post collision braking, sports suspicion, Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control (with pedestrian detection), driver alert system, 8” touch screen, electric and heated adjustable door mirrors, DAB radio, body coloured externals, twin exhaust tailpipes, LED lights, air conditioning, steel pedals, space saver spare wheel, mirror pack, ambient lighting pack, navigation, winter pack (for heated seats) and the virtual cockpit display. As the GTD is a great car for specification, there are very few additional factory options to consider – perhaps the 90% light absorbing glass, rear view camera and keyless entry would be worth considering.
On the technical-side, company car and business drivers can note the P11d at £29,650.00 and CO2 at 129g/km. The 1968CC 7 speed auto engine delivers 57.6 combined MPG, 184ps and 0-62 times of 7.4 seconds. The service intervals on a Golf GTD are every 24 months or 10,000 miles, whichever lands sooner.
Let us know your thoughts!!
Click Here to find the best personal and business lease deals on the fabulous VW Golf GTD TDI here at CarLease UK….