Using the internet to purchase anything can be intimidating; nevermind the exercise of leasing a brand new car or van, which will reflect your second biggest purchase after your house.
Anybody and everybody can design and build a website which presents fantastic deals, aesthetically pleasing images and, above all, words to the effect that you will receive fantastic service by a trusted vehicle leasing business. However, are you doing the right research before you place an order?
At CarLease UK and Vanlease UK, we thoroughly appreciate not every prospective customer will choose our services. Indeed, there are many other fantastic car leasing and van leasing businesses in the UK who can supply you with the “proper” deal. However, to assist you in your journey, take a look at the Car Lease Info below and which is readily available on the CarLease UK website:
In terms of understanding a quote you need to review the following:
- Vehicle – which car or van are you seeking to procure? It is important to identify a particular car/van, or type of car/van, in order to produce a quotation. Once you have selected this, ensure all comparative quotes are on EXACTLY the same vehicle. Even the smallest additions can make a BIG difference;
- Term – how long do you need to lease the vehicle for? As leasing is a long-term vehicle procurement method, the minimum contract period most businesses offer is 2 years and the maximum is 5 years. Generally, the longer you lease the vehicle for, the cheaper the monthly rentals are. However, you need to balance cost per month against the length of a contract. Remember Early Termination clauses!
- Mileage – how many miles do you drive per annum? The cost for leasing a vehicle will depend largely on the miles covered, as this inherently linked to the depreciation of the vehicle. The more miles covered per year, the more expensive the rentals will be. Ensure the Mileage is the same on any quotes you receive; and
- initial Payment – this is the first payment you make for the vehicle and can range from no more than a regular monthly payment though to a deposit of your choosing. Don’t focus on the monthly payment where initial payments are not similar; make sure you close compare the effective cost taking into account ALL payments.
ALSO think about insurance – generally not included with a car or van lease deal – or maintenance – a contract does not have to include a maintenance package i.e. to include the cost of servicing, maintenance and tyres but you can elect to utilise this. These all have bearing on the effective cost your package.
In addition to the above, as part of this Car Leasing Guide, CarLease UK also recommend the following:
- Consumer Credit Licence – you MUST check the business you are liaising with holds a licence. If this is not readily available on the website, do request this before offering personal information. Once you have the number, you can check this online to ensure the details are correct. If this is not available, do not offer your personal information to an unknown quantity;
- Data Protection – as per above, you MUST check the business is Data Protection registered before allowing any personal or sensitive information to be transferred;
- BVRLA – Is the business a broker member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association? If not, you need to be asking the question as to why;
The point of this guide is to ensure that you do your homework. as you should do when making such an important purchase. Do not be tempted by deals which appear too good to be true, as in some cases this may be the case. There are numerous high-quality vehicle leasing providers out there, just make sure you use one of them!
For more information, check out our Youtube Video Page guide CarLease UK Guide to Car and Van Leasing