The customer’s route to our company was an interesting one, as they were a recommendation from an existing customer via some of our regular social media posts. Unlike some companies, we try to focus more on the product we supply and the service we offer, as opposed to price. You only have to visit our Instagram profile to see a plethora of basic questions from potential customers – how much is it? what is that per month? What deposit for that? These queries do get sent to us thick and fast. The issue with this, is that the way in which we quote customers is “simply” not that simple; when you go to a car dealership you see price tag in the window saying X thousand pounds.
For contract hire, the actual monthly rental you pay is based on a number of factors, including:
· The exact car you require;
· The term – you can have a 2, 3, 4 or 5 year contract;
· The annual mileage – depending on the finance company, you can have anywhere between 5,000 – 50,000 miles per annum;
· The initial rental – some customers refer to this as a “deposit”, but this is a term we stay away from. The initial rental is the amount of money you pay in month 1 and can be anywhere from a 1/S (a no deposit arrangement) to an enhance initial rental of many thousands of pounds; and
· Maintenance – do you want a driver or funder-maintained arrangement i.e. service and maintained yourself OR have this included within the monthly rental you pay.
So when a customer says how much is that car, you can probably understand why it is almost impossible to “guess” an amount.
Not only this, you also have the industry regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), who ensure that those engaged in financial services are operating to the highest standards and are not misleading customers.
In summary, customers need to carefully consider the obligations places on firms in credit-brokering activities. Do not be frustrated if they cannot give a yes or no style response. In the same way, firms advertising products need to carefully consider the above and stick to a compliant plan and approach to marketing activities, regardless of what they are advertising and where.
In terms of the car shown here, the Mercedes-Benz CLA CLASS DIESEL COUPE CLA 220d AMG Line Night Edition 4door Tip Auto, this is based on the following configuration:
· Polar Silver Metallic Paint
· Artico leather/Dinamica – Black with red stitching
· Light aluminium with longitudinal grain interior trim
· 18″ AMG 10 spoke alloy wheels
As standard the car includes ambient lighting, artico leather/dinamica upholstery, floor mats, Garmin map pilot, cruise control, connect me, automatic rain sensing wipers, privacy glass, brake assist, adaptive brake system, hill start assist, curve dynamic assist, Bluetooth, attention assist, reversing camera, 8” colour display screen, electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, AMG body styling, body coloured externals, diamond grille with pins, LED headlights and indicators, climate control, 3-spoke flat bottomed steering wheel, heated front seats, sports pedals, mirror pack, 18” alloys, keyless start, immobiliser, anti-theft alarm and front sports seats. In terms of additional factory options, consider – COMAND navigation and the audio pack. Alternatively, go for the Night Edition “Plus” for a little more specification, like the panoramic roof.
On the technical-side, company car and business users can note the P11d at £34,375.00 and CO2 at 142g/km for car tax calculations. The 2143CC 7 speed auto engine delivers 52.3 combined MPG, 170ps and 0-62 times of 7.7 seconds. Service intervals are set at every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever lands sooner.
Find the webs best Mercedes CLA lease deals @CarLease UK – or – read more Mercedes lease car reviews below.